The visit to Delhi for the tourist has lots of potential when they plan their trip. For one, you must decide what you wish to see or do. You could go sight-seeing of course, or indulge in a bit of shopping. It depends on your taste and inclination and you must choose one option when you visit Delhi.
Check the full day tours
First, you can opt for a one-day tour of Delhi. This Delhi full day tour could be to learn about the culture of the people or to discover its history. You might like to check the religious spots and indulge in some faith sight-seeing. Or, you might like to just relax and take things as they come. Once you have decided on the course of action, you must plan the itinerary.
Places to visit
- Manesar: A weekend visit to the industrial of Manesar is a popular getaway for the holiday crowd. Other than the Sultanpur Bird Sanctuaries, one can go to the Heritage transport museum or stay at the Heritage Hotel and Spa.
- Kuchesar Mud Fort: The mud fort built by the Jat rulers of the past is an attraction if you plan a one-day trip from Delhi. The drive is about 150 minutes each way. You can stop at the picnic spots on the banks of the River Ganges amidst mango orchards.
- Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary: This is situated 182 km from Delhi. You find thousands of birds here, both local and migratory.
- Damdama Lake: This is situated against the backdrop of the Aravali hills and is the perfect place for bird watching or boating. It is a one hour drive from Delhi and is a favourite for picnicking tourists.
Take time out to eat at the roadside dhabbas on your full day Delhi tour. These serve some of the best paranthas with delicious side-dishes and curries. They represent a unique and refreshing treat for the taste buds.
More places to see on your Delhi tour
- Neemrana Fort Palace: This 15th century heritage hotel is a great place to stay in Delhi. Situated on the Delhi-Jaipur highway, the Neemrana Fort Palace has a swimming pool and hanging gardens. The 12-tiered hotel is built into a hill and so it provides a unique experience.
- Agra: Agra is a three-and-a-half-hour drive from Delhi. You can see many significant structures such as the Agra Fort and the Taj Mahal.
- Vrindavan: This historical place is mentioned in the exploits of Lord Krishna. Located at a distance of 142 km from Delhi, Vrindavan has an abundance of temples such as the Radha Raman temple and the Gokulnanda temple. You can relive the mythological tales here is you know the history. This is very near Mathura, the birthplace of Krishna.
Since there is so much to see, you can spread the tour over a couple of days. The more time you spend at each place, the more you see and absorb. Or you could take in the Golden Triangle and visit Agra and Jaipur. You also have hill stations such as Shimla which is worth visiting. Get the tour operators to suggest the places to visit if you have trouble making up your mind. You will enjoy more if your trip is well planned.