In this day and age of instant communication, smartphones that go with us everywhere we go, and the expectation that we’re reachable at any time of day or night, it’s nice to think that we can get away from it all just for a little while, so we can relax and recharge the batteries. Most people take a drive in the car on a sunny weekend, go interstate, or travel a short distance to a country town, but have you ever thought about investigating the possibility of going on a tour to an exotic country like South America?
South America: Home of the Ancient and Modern
South America is a great holiday destination, and South America tours can be organised so you can take in fantastic sights and sounds, including but not limited to:
- Ecuador and its traditional cultures and colourful and rich heritage.
- The amazing sights and sounds of Brazil, where you can see Rio de Janeiro and the famous Copacabana beach, not to mention the majesty of Christ the Redeemer gazing out over the colour of the city.
- The amazing history of Lima in Peru, the ancient splendour of Machu Picchu, and a visit to Easter Island, where you can see for yourself the giant and impressive Moai heads that look out to the horizon.
- The Atacama Desert, which is the driest desert region in the world, and features some of the most unique and amazing geological features and landscape that you’ll ever see in your life.
- The Amazon Rainforest, which is often termed the lungs of the world, where you’ll experience the teeming wildlife in all its glory and wonder.
These are just some of the famous and iconic destinations that South America has to offer the holidaymaker. It is a country that has a rich history and culture and offers both modern and ancient sights and sounds.
The Benefits of Getting Away from it All
Though many of us dream of getting away from the daily rat race, too few of us actually do it. But there are indeed some great health-related reasons to do it, including:
- De-stress: The anxieties and stresses of everyday life can build into what often feels like a giant monolith of frustration. By going on a fantastic holiday to a destination like South America, you not only get away from your daily life in a physical sense, but also drastically change your routine. This change in routine can serve to freshen our mental capacities and reduce the built-up anxiety that we feel.
- Stimulation: Though we often only think of the physical stimulation of extra holiday activity, our brains actually undergo profound changes when we stimulate them with new experiences. By immersing ourselves in a new culture far away from home, we expose ourselves to new learning. The stimulation of our brains forms new neural connections and may even lead to new patterns of thought, self-reflection, and new ideas.
By booking a tour through parts of South America, you get to experience the rich culture and history of a new country and gain all of the mental, emotional, and physical benefits.